Full Name of Organization: Massachusetts Vocational Association
Web Address of Organization: www.massmva.com
- Download and complete the application
- Mail completed application with check to the MVA
Tagline: Your Teacher’s Association
MVA is committed to promoting and strengthening career/vocational technical education. We are committed to enhancing the job performance and satisfaction of its members by increasing public awareness and appreciation for career and technical programs. Today’s cutting edge, rigorous and relevant CVTE prepares youth and adults for a wide range of high-waged, highly skilled, and high-demand careers.
An advocate for Career/Vocational.
Technical Education (CVTE).
A resource for information about what is happening in CVTE today.
A network of professionals who support CVTE.
Your voice in the legislature, both state and national, on laws and funding issues that impact.
CVTE programs, staff and students.
A professional development resource.
Your leadership representation.
- To unite in one statewide organization those persons who are interested in career/vocational technical education.
- To establish and maintain active leadership in all types of career/vocational technical education.
- To render service in promoting and stabilizing career / vocational technical education.
- To provide an open forum for the study and discussion of all questions involving career/vocational technical education.
- To work with other states and agencies for the advancement of career/vocational technical education, in the state, and in the United States, and in a partnership with the Association of Career and Technical Education (ACTE).
- To encourage the further development and improvement of all programs of education related to career/vocational technical education and supportive services.
- To support legislation and educate legislatures at the local, state and national level for career / vocational technical education.
Why You Should Join:
- Your support as a member to both MVA and ACTE will provide vocational/technical and career education community representation at state and national levels involving vocational/technical and career education legislation.
- Your dues help support scholarships which promote Vocational Education and are tax deductible. The following are yearly scholarships/awards:
- Outstanding Secondary Vocational/Technical Student
- Outstanding Post-Secondary Vocational/Technical Student
- New Teacher Award given to a new teacher who exemplifies excellence in teaching in the vocational high school setting
- Other awards include: Harold L. Pride Award, Presidential Achievement, Presidential Certificate of Merit, Quarter Century Club and Walter J. Markham Award
- Massachusetts Association of Vocational Administrators (MAVA)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- SkillsUSA Massachusetts